This site has geeky tips for academics plus occasional posts about photography and science. I’m an evolutionary biologist (taught at Swarthmore College for 14 years) with a fondness for obscure plants, insects, mushrooms and such. Reed College, Brown University alum … with postdoc stints at Washington University and University of Chicago.
You can email me with the form below. Or send to my gmail account, which is just my full name.
If for some reason you want to send me a thank you:
- Send me an email and say my site helped you out in a time of need (or whatever). Or made you spit out coffee through your nose — that always makes my day.
- Say hi on Twitter or Instagram.
- Share my site on social media so that others can
- Send me a measly tip via Paypal:
- Buy something from my Shoppe!
- If you used my poster tips and happened to get best poster prize, maybe you could buy me something from my Amazon wish list. It’s mainly science books, which I hoard. You can ignore the camera gadgets on the list … I put them there in the off chance my mom is looking for Christmas ideas.
- In the unlikely event that my site fundamentally changed your life for the better, you could send me a gift card to B&H Photo. I like the card one with the flowers, of course. My email address is my full name at geemail dot com.
- Sponsor me via Patreon. This service apparently allows fans to send me automated monthly tips for as long as you’re still a fan. If I offend you in the future, you just cut me off.
Oh, and for the record, I made this support page because I lose money on this site (fees for site name, hosting, WordPress, etc.), but I maintain it because lots of public school and college teachers around the world refer their students to my geeky academic tips and evolution resources. I also lost thousands of dollars on lawyers when a non-profit plagiarized me and then threatened me with legal action unless I took my site down.