Right after the U.S. Presidential election I traveled to Canada to give a talk on how to design large-format posters for medical conferences. Obviously, I couldn’t resist basing my title on the silly Trump slogan, “Make America great again.” But my title actually makes sense: most posters currently displayed at conferences are bad, whereas the United States was until a few days ago a pretty great country and thus didn’t need to be made great again.
I’m not going to post my slides online, but here are some of my posts on how to design conference posters, if you’re interested. Link #1 is my tome on the topic that I’ve been updating since 1997.
- Designing conference posters
- Layout for conference poster
- Templates for portrait-style science posters
- The fine print on poster sessions
- Charts with bling
- Logos on conference posters
- More on placement of logos on scientific posters
- Boxes of bling for scientific posters
- Fabric conference posters
- Example of bad scientific poster
- Open letter to poster session organizers
It was great to leave the country. Really, really hard to come back.